Open position Thomas Instrument, Brookshire, TX, for Machine Shop Manager.
- Is the leading privately held provider of engineering solutions and manufacturing excellence for complex, critical aerospace flight control hardware.
- Has a stable workload (varied customer base) with a strong domestic and international reputation for quality and integrity.
- Offers all phases of development and all stages of the product lifecycle, supporting a highly diverse product mix. Thomas Instrument is AS9100C, NADCAP, and FAA certified.
- Has three engineering and manufacturing facilities. Has a friendly atmosphere and an outstanding safety record. Full benefits available including immediately vested 5% match to 401k.
The Machine Shop Manager will report to the Director of Operations. Must have experience machining aluminum, carbon steel and stainless materials, CNC set up, operation and programming. Successful candidate will manage all operations of the CNC Department and will be responsible department development and maintaining acceptable production and quality performance measurements. The department manager works directly with the CNC programmers, Manufacturing Engineers and Production Control.
- Manage a 25+ person team of Lathe CNC and Mill machinists.
- Plan and directing machine shop operations.
- Ensure daily production commitments are met.
- Prepare financial and administrative reports and maintaining time sheets of all direct labor machinists.
- Responsible for work schedules and safety within the department.
- Responsible for shop equipment is maintained, calibrated, and serviced.
- Work directly with CNC programmers.
- Responsible for all Quality at the Source operations.
- Responsible for all DPMO and scrap metrics.
- Implementing, tracking and completing all NCRs.
- 10 years of experience in field.
- Fewer years’ experience will be considered in conjunction with degrees.
- Aluminum, carbon steel and stainless-steel machining expertise.
- High Mix / Low Volume experience a strong plus.
- CAD/CAM and G, D & T experience.
- Government contracting experience and AS9100 experience.
Work Eligibility (ITAR): U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
To apply for this position, apply online at www.thomasinstrument.com and include the job title and requisition number in the subject line.
Thomas Instrument is an equal opportunity employer and will provide equal employment opportunity to employees and applicants for employment and will not discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, military veteran status, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family structure, genetic information, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time