CNC Machinist Job Responsibilities:
Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
CNC Machinist Job Duties:
• Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
• Programs mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
• Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets and stops; indicating vices; tramming heads.
• Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to international standards.
• Maintains specifications by observing best machining practice; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
• Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
• Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• Maintains continuity among co-workers by communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
CNC Machinist Skills and Qualifications:
Conceptual Skills, Process Improvement, Verbal Communication, Functional and Technical Skills, Tooling, Coordination, Inventory Control, Attention to Detail, Judgment
3D Design and Manufacturing
Experts in closing the gaps between
Mechanical Engineering Design and Manufacturing
Located in Central Virginia, 3D has engineering and manufacturing capabilities with 40+ years of experience in the industry. We are committed to building productive relationships with customers. Our customers have access to skilled engineers, mechanical technicians, and electrical specialists from initiation to completion of their projects. In house manufacturing capabilities and research resources enhance the progress of projects and guarantee the highest quality of service.
o Milling & Turning
o Grinding – Surface & OD
o Wire & Sinker EDM
o Fabrication – including laser, plasma & waterjet cutting.
o Air Hardening
o CMM Inspection
o Design & Engineering using SolidWorks.
o Finishing – including plating, powder coating & painting.
o Automotive & Additives
o Homeland Security & Military Defense
o Printing & Packaging
o Medical, Pharmaceuticals & Biotech
o Heat Exchangers & Hydrogen Generators
o Research & Development
At 3D Design & Manufacturing, LLC we strive to provide the best value to our customers with quality products and services, on time and for a competitive price.
email@example.com (804) 214-3229