Sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and CNC Machining Centers to ready machines to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts. May assign personnel to various duties. May act as Lead in absence of Lead staff or Supervisors.
Qualifications: Education/Experience: One year college program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have the ability to set up CNC machines as required. Must demonstrate proven ability to:
· Set Up assigned CNC department machines and complete processes to company specifications on a consistent basis, to be operator-ready with minimal adjustments required and minimal scrap.
· Understand the assembly and machine operations process and the movement of completed components.
· Produce a high quality product according to required specifications on a consistent basis.
· Produce the required quantity of product according to required output specifications.
· Use computers as required.
· Use measuring tools as required.
· Read and understand Blueprints.
· Complete necessary paperwork accurately and timely.
· Operate all hand tools, machines and equipment successfully as required and with minimal supervision.
· Work as a productive team member who contributes to the organizations’ success.
· Handle fast-paced work.
· Demonstrate the ability to take initiative to see tasks that are needed and complete them without being instructed to do so by supervisors or lead personnel.
· Demonstrate dependability with good attendance.
Preferred: Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and one to three years related experience or two to four year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Major Job Functions – other duties may be assigned:
· Sets up and operates CNC machines on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
· Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
· Determines material and all tooling necessary for subsequent fabrication.
· Works directly with production and engineering to layout process required to manufacture part and/or assembly.
· Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance features, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
· Confers with engineers, production personnel, or others to resolve fabrication or assembly problems.
· Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angel of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control media.
· Selects holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials to meet production specification.
· Installs, adjust, change and align tooling and equipment to ready operations for production.
· Works from schedules and instructions to analyze machine and or process problems and determine solutions.
· Facilitates engineering changes to products and processes using all means available as documented in the corporate quality program.
· Monitors processes and recommend improvements to increase productivity and assure quality.
· Assures that all materials are available at machines and work stations and of proper quality during all phases of production. This includes but is not limited to materials and packaging. Assure efficient production through all phases of their area of production.
· Executes the proper inspection methods to receive approval to start a job and make periodic quality checks of product to ensure quality standards are met. Assist
operators with and train them in the proper techniques of product inspection. Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
· Assist in the maintenance of equipment and keep work areas clean and orderly.
· Instructs and assists operators or other workers in machine and or process setup and operation, quality standards, and process documentation.
· Report and prevent equipment and process malfunctions, material discrepancies, documentation errors, and facilitate corrective/preventive actions whenever and wherever necessary.
· Work within their area to assure production flows in an efficient manner to include planning ahead to assure smooth transition to the next scheduled job for their area.
· Assures all paperwork and documentation is completed in a timely and accurate manner.
· May perform the duties of a CNC Operator as required.
· May train new Operators, provide work instruction and/or answer questions in absence of lead or supervisor.
· Trains new or less experienced CNC Set Up employees, provides work instruction and/or answers questions in absence of lead or supervisor.