Acero Precision, located in West Chester, PA is an industry leading Medical Device contract manufacturer producing the very best in precision engineered components. To succeed in today’s manufacturing industry- with its demands to serve customers in a truly global environment- we rely on three vital resources: the newest engineering technologies, quality systems, and most importantly highly-skilled people. We invite you to become a member of an organization that has established an outstanding reputation for quality and excellence. Highly competitive wages, a state-of-the-art-facility, an emphasis on work/life balance, career advancement, a team-centered workplace culture, and the opportunity to be your best is waiting for you at Acero Precision.
- 100% Employer Paid Medical
- Dental / Vision Benefits
- Work-Life Services Benefit Program (Employee + Family)
- Group Life Insurance
- 401k retirement plans with employer match
What We Offer:
- Personal Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday Pay
- Relocation Assistance
- 100% Paid Uniforms
- Unused PTO paid out at the end of the year.
- State-of-the-art in house training classing room and equipment.
- Tuition reimbursement for approved advanced learning and skills development.
- Student loan repayment assistance.
Learn And Grow:
We are committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We continue to build a learning community where you can work with team leaders who are highly skilled and work towards expanding your technical capabilities. Our company promotes an environment that allows for continuous growth and promotion opportunities!
- Use of CAD/CAM software and advanced machine shop mathematics.
- Conceptualization and implementation of creative solutions to complex machining challenges, along with R&D support during new product introduction cycles.
- Generate CNC programs for assigned product lines using CAD/CAM software and/or manual programming methods. Macro programming will be required in some instances.
- Detailed understanding of blueprints including such aspects as geometric & dimensional tolerances, notes, revisions, specification references and surface finish requirements.
- Familiarity with different raw materials including aluminum, copper alloys, stainless steels, titanium, plastics and efficient ways of machining each of them.
- Makes appropriate changes in cutting tools, work holding and CNC programs when dictated by engineering drawing changes.
- Responsible for documenting set-up sheets and set-up tool bins at every set up.
- Completes first article inspections for newly machined parts.
- Create, update and maintain manufacturing documents and information in proprietary inspection software.
- Initiate improvements in Swiss or Mill CNC programming techniques to improve processing and/or part quality.
- Supports Manufacturing (i.e. Milling, Turning, Drilling, Polishing, Debur, Cleaning etc.) in the areas of process development, tool design, machinery & equipment acquisition and layout of operations.
- Keep abreast of new technology while refining in-house techniques.
- Capable of working in a superior manner with no direct supervision. Swiss or Mill CNC Programmers should feel entirely comfortable as problem solvers and must be able to find solutions quickly and easily.
- Detailed knowledge of the use and application of cutting tools. This includes sharpening, geometry, grades, coatings and trouble-shooting.
- Maintain production goals through attention to the machining process from start to finish.
- Verify estimated versus actual cycle and setup times and insure that proprietary inspection software and the Shop Schedule are kept accurate and up to date. Populate the proprietary inspection software with correct times when job is up.
- Specify the entire manufacturing process from start to finish and insure that these processes are efficiently and accurately followed.
- Make sure that Change-Over Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures and other instructional documents are followed by everyone working in their cell. Lead by example in this regard.
- Must be able to identify material types and alloys using bar stock color codes.
- All parts at the bench must be in trays and arranged a neat and orderly fashion. The status of all parts should be clear to any person viewing.
- Understand the basics of Statistical Process Control, (SPC), and adjust the machines accordingly.
- Detailed knowledge of measuring and inspection equipment. Develop ways to inspect parts more efficiently.
- Responsible for quality control of all manufactured parts within the cell.
- Continuously aware of visual defects such as out-of-tolerance surface finishes, burrs, staining etc.
- Make sure that non-conforming parts are clearly marked and handled separately from production parts to insure that they cannot be shipped to the customer.
- The ability to inspect parts completely and accurately whether working to blueprint specifications or according to proprietary inspection software requirements.
Education and Experience:
- At least three (3) years strong CNC programming, statistical methods, and CAD programs.
- At least three (3) years CNC machining experience working several machines simultaneously, either Mazak Lathes/Machining Centers or Star Swiss Style Lathes.
- At least three (3) years’ experience managing teams running several machines simultaneously.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching Class 1 Machinists.
- Willing to work 45 hours weekly, and one (1) Saturdays per month.
- Experience in setting up and operating CNC Machines without support from engineering.
- Knows tolerances and fits required on precision metal work.
- Experience in mentoring and coaching Machinists and Machining Assistants.
- Strong commitment to detail and error-free performance
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Have a mechanical aptitude (specific to manufacturing floor employees)
- Extremely intuitive with problem solving and resolutions
- Able to work with minimal supervision, both alone and in teams
- Excellent verbal skills
- Must be a company cheerleader and promote the vision and mission of Acero.
Acero Precision is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Acero Precision does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Make Our Mission Your Mission!
About Acero Precision
Over the last 37 years, Acero Precision, located in West Chester, PA., has grown into an industry leading Contract Medical Device Manufacturer producing the very best in precision engineered orthopedic implants.
To succeed in today’s manufacturing industry- with its demands to serve customers in a truly global environment- we rely on three vital resources: the newest engineering technologies, quality systems, and most importantly highly-skilled people. We invite you to become a member of an organization that has established an outstanding reputation for quality and excellence. Highly competitive wages, a state-of-the-art-facility, an emphasis on work/life balance, career advancement, a team-centered workplace culture, and the opportunity to be your best is waiting for you at Acero Precision.