Day or Night shift available ( 4 x10 hrs)
The machine operator is responsible for programming, set up, and operation of a Computer Numerical Control (CNC) lathe and mill machines.
1. Plans machining interpreting dimensions and tolerances from work orders, blueprints, engineering drawings and specifications.
2. Programs machines by entering instructions and reference points, sets tool registers, offsets, compensation, calculating requirements using basic math and geometry and trigonometry; proving part programs.
3. Sets up machines by installing and adjusting jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, indicating vices, and stops and stock pushers.
4. Loads feed mechanism by lifting stock into position.
5. Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part and sample workpieces by adhering to standards.
6. Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations, taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming, and replacing worn tools.
7. Adheres to quality assurance procedures and process regulations.
8. Adheres to OSHA standards and always follows safety regulations.
9. Maintains equipment using preventative maintenance requirements.
10. Documents actions in production and quality logs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee works near moving mechanical parts and occasionally in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud. The employee is required to wear Personal Protective Equipment e.g. noise protectors, safety glasses, safety shoes etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Education and Experience
Associates degree or technical training plus one year of experience as a CNC Machinist or equivalent combination of education and experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Team Corporation designs and manufactures high-performance vibration test systems. Our innovative test systems are trusted by customers across a variety of industries, including aerospace, defense, automotive, electronics, and more. Our experienced engineers are ready to work with you to create a vibration test system that meets your performance specifications while staying within your budget. Browse our vertical, horizontal, rotary, and multi-axis vibration test systems and related components to get started.