Armstrong Rapid Manufacturing has been in business for over 50 years in the East Syracuse NY area. Armstrong specializes in both prototyped and low volume production machined castings. Armstrong has a benefit package that includes paid holidays, bonus and referral programs, paid vacation, 401K, 100% company paid life insurance, sick time, supplemental short term disability insurance, dental, medical, accident, safety awards, cancer and critical care insurance, a tuition reimbursement program, and a team oriented workplace culture. We also provide free coffee daily for our employees available at multiple coffee kiosks. Our website is www.armstrongrm.com and it shows many of the exciting aspects of our company! Take a look!
Armstrong Rapid Manufacturing promotes a learning community where you can work with skilled leaders with goals to magnify your technical prowess.
The Armstrong RM CNC Programmer writes code to automate power driven CNC milling machines. Responsible for programming, setting up and operating CNC machinery and optimizing programs as necessary.
- Creates medium to high complexity CNC programs using three axis CAM software.
- Stores and maintains programs with Living History.
- Provides CAM support, downloads programs to CNC controls, makes initial set up, obtains first piece approval and turns over production of part to operator.
- Optimizes programs for speed of machine time and improved quality.
- Optimizes use of MASTERCAM software to its full potential.
- Diagnoses, analyses, and troubleshoots programs.
- Creates surface geometry using MASTERCAM
- Recommends alternative tooling.
- Completes and/or maintains required reports and records i.e. CNC tooling lists.
- Creates instructions for CNC machinists/machinists.
- Reviews 3D CAD design blueprints.
- Makes calculations for programming including where materials should be cut.
- Translates instructions into a computer automated manufacturing (CAM) program.
- Checks completed programs by running simulations or tests.
- Prepares geometric layout of designs using proper software.
- Determines sequence of operations in a program.
- Chooses cutting tools that will be needed.
- Writes programs and modifies existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Analyzes and selects speeds and cutting tools for programs.
- Makes improvements to set up times for a task and contouring of complex shapes.
- Simplifies tooling time for workers and increases productivity for the client.
- Evaluates all completed designs to validate their functions and ensure they successfully reduce time and the program(s) run efficiently.
- Monitors all programs and machines being run to make sure they follow blueprint instructions and safely and successfully complete the task.
- Adheres to all safety policies and practices, consistently uses personal protective equipment and practices good housekeeping.
- Maintains regular on time attendance and adheres to company policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
Educational, Experience Based, and Skill Qualifications
AAS in Mechanical technologies or equivalent and demonstrated ability to program and machine complex geometries. Four (4) years of CNC programming (Mastercam) experience desirable.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must be mechanically inclined.
- Knowledge of metal shop work, be highly detail oriented, capable of working effectively with little or no supervision, and skilled at reading blueprints.
A combination of walking and sitting at a desk for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to lift up to and including 35 pounds as needed.
- Time is spent in a climate controlled office environment.
- Time is spent in front of a computer screen keyboarding and manipulating a mouse.
- Must be willing to visit CNC machinery to observe equipment in action and manually assist CNC machinists.
- Must be willing to work in areas with high levels of noise such as CNC department.
Armstrong is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected status. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.