ARCH Medical & Aerospace-Minneapolis is looking to add Swiss, Milling and Lathe CNC Machinist to the team on all shifts. We offer a $1000 sign on bonus and a competitive benefits package that begins on day 1 of employment!
The CNC Machinist produces machined parts by setting up, programming and operating a Swiss, Milling or Lathe CNC machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records and maintaining equipment.
- Sets up parts in CNC machines without assistance or supervision
- Change tools, adjust heights, and tool comps to maintain required quality output of machine
- Inspect products during the machining operation to determine if parts meet specifications, complying with established standards and methods for inspection, testing, evaluation and calibration
- Follows all job work order instructions
- Must be able to run more than one machine where cycle time permits
- Complete all required shop floor documentation for the job including both part dimensional and visual inspection
- Maintain equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; reports to management/maintenance the need for machine repairs
- Understands and complies with company policy safety guidelines, quality system requirements and housekeeping standards
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years' experience setting up CNC machine tools
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident, due to contractual requirements
- Experience editing CNC machine programs and writing basic programs
- Ability to read and understand blueprints including GD&T tolerancing with profile tolerancing
- Strong math background
- Demonstrated problem solving ability
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
About ARCH Medical & Aerospace
ARCH is a consolidated contract manufacturing company-a combination of engineering expertise and precision-machining technologies to serve the medical, aerospace and defense, and industrial markets. We offer you a synergy of resources to reduce your manufacturing costs, optimize the performance of your components and products, and mitigate your supply chain risks. Our facilities are strategically located across the U.S. to optimize your outsourced precision-machining needs.