Help us succeed by doing your part as a member of our manufacturing team as a CNC Lathe or Mill Machinist. We offer a unique environment that fosters individual growth and honors performance. The work environment is both challenging & rewarding. You'll be surrounded by people who are passionate about what they do & take pride in their work.
CNC Machines may include, but not limited to DMG Mori 5-Axis Mill-Turn with Celos controls. OKK & Niigata mills with Fanuc controls & HAAS Mills. DMG Mori NLX-4000 Lathes with Celos controls, Doosan VTL & Mori Seiki horizontal lathes with Fanuc controls.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assists Engineering in planning sequence of operations, determines cutting tools to be used, method of holding, aligning work, & machine speeds & feeds associated with CNC Lathe and/or Mill operations, etc.
· Independently set up & run CNC Lathes with & without live-tooling and/or CNC Mills to complete all operations within its capacity.
· Works from drawings, specifications, set-up sheets, & verbal instructions.
· Performs program edits and/or programs at the machine control & performs all required adjustments to cutting tool offsets.
· Recognizes improper machine functioning or cutting & develops procedures for corrective action.
· Provides unbiased, proactive feedback to Engineering/Programming for process improvements.
· Inspects work to detailed drawings or sketches using precision measuring devices/instruments.
· Works with the inspection department as required to ensure product conformance.
· Performs daily machine preventative maintenance (fluid levels, pressures, cleaning).
· Report to work on time & follow instructions from the Department Lead and Supervisor.
· Must interact well with co-workers in a team-oriented environment & understand & follow work-place rules & procedures.
· Performs all other duties as assigned.
· Must adhere to & support safe work environment policies & 6S & lean manufacturing
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED.
· A solid, working knowledge of general machining practices & blueprint reading.
· Minimum of 5-10 years of experience and/or training on CNC lathes and/or Mills, measuring devices, & inspection methods.
· Must possess strong problem-solving skills.
· Ability to read & interpret documents such as, but not limited to, engineering drawings, tool designs, safety rules, operating & maintenance instructions, & procedure manuals.
· Ability to write simple correspondence & to speak & present information as may be needed to individuals or small groups & as may be required to complete work orders or other job-related communication needs.
· Ability to perform basic shop math calculations in the course of assigned work scope.
Must have thorough understanding of CNC machine function & G-Code language.
Physical Location: Tempe, AZ - Southern Ave
Shift: Shift 2
Work Schedule: M-Th 1530-0200
Benchmark is an equal opportunity employer. We are bringing together a diverse workforce with unique talents, life experiences, cultures, and perspectives to promote an innovative, collaborative, and creative place to work. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benchmark provides comprehensive solutions across the entire product lifecycle; leading through its innovative technology and engineering design services, leveraging its optimized global supply chain, and delivering world-class manufacturing services. The industries we serve include: commercial aerospace, defense, advanced computing, next generation telecommunications, complex industrials, medical, and semiconductor capital equipment.