Are you a focused and driven supervisor with experience within the CNC machine tools industry? Do you have proven experience of man management skills that you would like to implement into a new and challenging role? Telco Tools is hiring a CNC Mill Lead Machinist Technician for an onsite role in Grand Haven, Michigan
CNC MILL LEAD TECH Responsibilities:
· Manage, mentor, and motivate a team of 5-10
· Planning and task delegation
· Write programs and set up CNC Mill equipment using G-code and/or on Mastercam.
Manage daily robotic machining for optimum hourly throughput.
- Demonstrates independent decision-making skills on day-to-day production tasks.
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines such as mills, lathes, and fixtures.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit Computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished work piece to specifications.
- May complete First Article and New Part Introduction processes.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of parts.
- Uses G codes to move multiple axes to grind inserts to customer specifications.
- Help drive and support our ISO program.
- May install replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Confers with engineers, machinists, production managers or others to resolve machining or yield problems.
- May train less experienced operators and machinist.
- Participate in the continuous review of our machining processes, focusing on opportunities for improvement in productivity, quality, and cost reduction.
- Assist in design development process for new parts
- All other duties as assigned.
CNC MILL LEAD TECH Must Have Experience
· Around 10 years’ experience of CNC programming; setup and operating journey-level machining process.
· Experience managing and leading a team; around 4 years preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication abilities
- Knowledge of GD & T concepts, blueprint features and G/M codes
· Ability to work on tight deadlines
CNC MILL LEAD TECH Preferred Experience
· Associate degree in Machine tech OR qualified journeyman program for machining