Are you tired of working in a machine shop with dated equipment or having to beg for new carbide? Do you want to contribute and collaborate your ideas and be heard! Are you looking for a dream shop that gives you all of the tools you need to be the best machinist you can be? Your search is finally over!
We are seeking a skilled CNC MACHINIST for our high technology, non-union job shop. The ideal candidate will enjoy working in a small shop on a variety of high precision, often challenging components. Our products are unique, one-of-a-kind or small run projects. Using blueprints and written travelers, the successful CNC Machinist will possess the ability to program, set up and run CNC equipment including the latest Hurco mills and lathes, Haas mills and lathes, and other FANUC control machines. The ability to set up and run manual mills and lathes, especially a Bullard VTL, is a plus. Collaborate with team members in engineering, welding, assembly to develop best practices, especially during prototype development. Experience with CAM specifically, Autodesk Fusion 360 is a plus.
5 axis experience is a plus. Hurco WinMax Control experience a plus!
Our positive, high energy work environment with small, dedicated staff means we are in this together and each person makes a difference. You can too!
We build cool stuff! Meyer Tool is a custom manufacturer offering welding, machining and assembly test services to a prestigious customer base including cutting edge science programs and technology-based customers.
What’s in it for you?
· Paid on-the-job training
· Premium wage potential
· Full-time, day shift position M-F 7:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
· Overtime potential
· Full Medical & Dental coverage available
· 401k w/Matching
· Tuition reimbursement
· Contribute to company success
· Non-union shop
· Job security: 50+ years of building cool stuff!
· More . . .
1. Set up, Program and Operate CNC Mills and Lathes based on detailed blueprints, GD&T and written work instructions
2. Program using Fusion 360 or Powermill 2023 (5 axis machines)
3. Produce high quality, tight tolerance parts
4. In-process inspection to drawing specs
5. Recognize machining issues and make mechanical or offsetting adjustments
6. Inspect, deburr and clean at the machine during cuts
7. Ability to troubleshoot and creatively resolve unique machining challenges
8. Assist in training of new or less experienced employees as needed
9. Support quality and continuous improvement
10. Follow all safety policies and procedures; maintain clean and safe work areas
Job Skills & Qualifications:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Technology degree, technical training or equivalent job experience required
· 3 + years experience programming with CAM software, especially Fusion 360 or Powermill
· 5+ years machining experience in a heavy metal fabrication job shop
· Manual machining background on all basic shop equipment, the ability to run a manual VTL is a plus
· Ability to read and understand blueprints including GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning &Tolerancing)
· Strong ability to use and read micrometers, calipers, gauges, other mechanical measuring tools
· Strong work ethic and sense of purpose with ability to work independently with little supervision
· Must be able to bend and twist, walk or stand continuously through an 8 hour shift and lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds
· Able to fluently communicate, read and write in the English language
Founded in 1969 and located in Oak Lawn, IL, the Meyer Tool non-union job shop offer a suite of services including engineering, welding, machining, assembly and test capabilities in our fully integrated manufacturing facility. As a trusted supplier to the country’s top research universities and national laboratories such as Argonne National Lab & Fermilab, as well as to leaders in cutting edge, technology based industry, our team is proud to fabricate unique, one-of-a-kind or short run projects that impact the world around us. As such, effective machining and fabrication skills are integral to company success. To better meet customer needs, we continually focus on employee development. We consider ourselves a learning organization where our team is able to hone their skills as we collaborate to resolve unique challenges.
Meyer Tool & Mfg. is a specialized custom fabrication shop. At Meyer Tool we apply our unique expertise in engineering, welding, machining, and testing related to pressure vessels, vacuum chambers, and cryogenic systems to a diverse array of custom products and services to industrial and research based customers around the world. We have built up our fabrication core competencies and business processes around custom particle accelerator and high energy physics related products and we apply those skills on projects in need of some degree of engineering or fabrication related problem solving. We are a vertically integrated shop with design and fabrication skills capable of building prototype in addition to streamlining production plans for high volume production runs.