Supports CNC production and provides set up, program review, and troubleshooting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Confers, communicates, and works with management and other supervisors to resolve production problems and provide solutions.
- Assist with training for CNC operation along with Shift Lead.
- Ensures all safety and cleanliness requirements are enforced and followed.
- Plans machining by studying work orders, blueprints, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Set up of CNC mills indicating production fixtures.
- Verifies machine settings by measuring positions, first-run part, sample work pieces, and adjusting offsets and machine as needed.
- Maintains part specifications by observing drilling, machining, boring, and tapping; taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, troubleshooting processes, adjusting and reprogramming controls, sharpening and replacing worn tools, and adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Work with the maintenance department to ensure daily maintenance is performed. (coolant and filters are replaced, etc)
- Set Up and qualification of Trim Dies, as needed.
Required Skills/ Abilities
- Basic machining knowledge of Cartesian coordinate systems, cutting tools, and tool holding principles.
- Intermediate print reading skills and a working knowledge of GD&T.
- Ability to set coordinate system offsets (X, Y, A) and touch off tools either via a tool setter or directly on the work piece (Z).
- Able to interpret a quality report and adjust the machining offsets (X, Y, Z, A) to ensure parts meet dimensional requirements.
- Knowledge of machining technology.
- Ability to offset diameters at the machine to adjust dimensions, can competently use calipers, micrometers, and other handheld measuring tools typical to a machining environment.
- Ability to read and adjust CNC G-code directly at the machining center.
- Ability to load a program and navigate the CNC control to reset the machine and restart programs.
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy physical demand involving lifting and moving of equipment.
- Driven by process improvement and continuous improvement.
- Strong math skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in a fast paced production environment.
- Ability to make judgements and decisions based on company policies and procedures.
- Intermediate understanding of cutting tools and speeds and feeds for typical materials found in a machining environment (Aluminum, Steel, Stainless Steel, etc.).
- Must be able to work standing for extended periods of time and maintain dexterity when handling parts and components.
- Ability to operate a forklift, hoist, and pallet jack.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills as well as good reading skills to be able to read machine manuals and trouble shoot problems as needed.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check as well as drug and alcohol screening.
- Basic understanding of 5S principles preferred, but not required.
- High level of GD&T understanding
- Experience machining plastics is a plus (high performance polymers especially)
- Understanding of tool off-sets
- Use of Zoller or other tool pre-setter
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required and technical degree (2 or 4 year) preferred.
- 1-2 Years of experience as a CNC Technician Level 1 (or equivalent outside experience).
- Must be able to stand entire shift (8+ hrs.).
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity.
- Moderate physical demand involving lifting and moving of materials and equipment.
- Frequently moves from waist level to floor level.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term & Short Term Disability, Critical Care and Accident Coverage, Pet Insurance, Wellness Program, Vacation, Sick Time, 401K with Match,9 paid holiday's and work/life balance...plus much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer