This position provides production support of manufacturing operations through setup, programming, qualification and operation of various manual and CNC machines. This position will require an understanding of both CAM and G-code based programming and will be required to both write new programs and edit existing program language. The position will involve design and modification of various production setup and fixture hardware and will involve extensive use of inspection equipment to ensure product conformance to specifications. The position will involve training production operators in the manufacture and inspection of machined products and will require excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In addition to the below, other duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Operates CAM software to create tool paths for new or existing production parts.
- Completes set-up, skilled operation, and effective training on the following equipment:
- Manual and CNC Milling Centers
- Manual and CNC Engine Lathes
- All Inspection Gauges and Surface Plate Equipment
- Coordinates with technical resources within Parkway to ensure continued best practices are shared.
- Understands the importance of cost containment and works to find high-quality/cost effective solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong CAM ability (Applied EasyCAM experience highly desired)
- Knowledge of injection molded parts helpful
- Experience and knowledge of CNC Controls highly desired
- Ability to effectively train in the technical aspects of production part manufacture and inspection
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and understand GD&T
- Skilled in the use of all above referenced equipment
- Ability to use good judgment to achieve organizational goals in a self-directed manner
- Attention to detail and the ability to record and document applicable data
- Keen understanding and knowledge of manufacturing related safety issues.
- Ability to work as a cooperative team player, treating all co-workers, customer, and suppliers with consideration and respect.
- Ability to read blueprints
- Ability to manufacture finished parts from raw material according to blueprint specifications
- Ability to edit and use CNC programs (on control and on a PC)
- Organized and capable of meeting ship dates
- Ability to assist other operators when needed
- Ability to perform first piece and in process part inspection
- Must be self-motivated Must have a strong technical aptitude and a high level of focus on quality and customer service.
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to read and write in English
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screenings
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long Term & Short Term Disability, Critical Care and Accident Coverage, Pet Insurance, Wellness Program, Vacation, Sick Time, 401K with Match,9 paid holiday's and work/life balance...plus much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer